Mar 29, 2014

Walmart sucks

I needed an adapter for my laptop. It was the final piece necessary to play my PC games on my big new glorious 70 inch 3D LED television.  Normally I just get such things from Amazon but I was feeling impatient and wanted it NOW. I look up the thing on Walmart's site and it happens to be in stock at my local store for $20.  I head on over, find it, and check out when I notice the receipt says $30.  I go to the service desk and tell them to check the price because online it was $20.  The clerk tells me that is the online price and he cannot change the local price.  I asked him why if I buy it online and select the pick-up-at-store option the exact thing costs $20, but when I take it off the shelf myself it is $30. He tells me that is just the way it is.  I asked him if I could just borrow his computer to pay for it on the web and specify store-pick-up, whereby he could then give me the adapter.  He said yes I could do that, but it would take a couple hours to fulfill the order.  At this point, I decided that Walmart doesn't deserve to be able to sell this thing and I didn't really need it today anyway.

My adapter will now arrive Tuesday from Amazon at a cost of $12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?